Thursday, July 29, 2010

A prayer from Wendy Blight...


Today, I pray on Your armor.

Father, strengthen me with Your Helmet of Salvation…the Mind of Christ… so that I can stand against worldly thinking and the lies of the evil one.

Father, cover my heart with the Breastplate of Righteousness. Thank You that Jesus defeated the power of sin at the cross and forgave me of all unrighteousness. Jesus died for me sins; He covered me with His blood, and He made me righteous in Your eyes. There is no greater gift!

Father, gird me with the Belt of Truth. I believe with all my heart that Your Word is Truth and it is that Truth and that Truth alone that sets me free. I choose to believe Your Truth and reject the lies of the evil one. I stand against his temptations, his deception, and his accusations. I only want to hear Your voice.

Father, I put on the Shoes of the Gospel of Peace. Make me ready to march into any battle set before me. Fill me with Your peace and help me live in peace with everyone. I choose to be an instrument of Your peace, and I stand ready to give an account for the faith I have in You today. I choose to always forgive and not harbor anger, bitterness, and unforgiveness in my heart.

Father, I hold up the Shield of Faith. I trust and believe You at Your Word that You are the King of kings, the Lord of lords, the Great I AM. You alone are the Author and Perfecter of my faith. I trust You to meet all my needs. I do not have a spirit of fear…but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Finally, Father, I take up the Sword of the Spirit. Jesus is the Word of God living in me. I am Your child. I am filled with Your Spirit. I choose to live my life according Your Word. I choose to believe TRUTH over lies. Pour out Your Truth and Your Spirit over my life. Fill me with all wisdom and understanding. I choose this day to serve You and You alone.

Thank You, Father, for Your mighty weapons. Thank You that You have already won this battle. Thank You that in You I am a VICTOR. Thank You that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Thank You that You who live in me is greater than he who lives in the world. Today I live in complete and utter dependence on You and You alone. Father, fill me with the fullness of Your Spirit. Father, use me to do Your Kingdom work. Father, show me Your Glory!!! I ask all this in Jesus’ Name. AMEN.

No comments: