Thursday, June 24, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
2. Only Believe the BestWhen you believe that everyone is always just doing their best, that we never war against flesh and blood but against the principalities, that in light of their own limitations, they truly are doing their best... this changes everything. Love bears all things, hopes all things, believes all things and whatever is good and pure and lovely, think on these things.
3. Tell the Thankful TruthThe truth is, there is always something, a lot, to give thanks for and that is the truth about every single parent. Consider offering a father, a mother, the gift of a jar full of slips of paper with your gratitude and thankful memories jotted down. This kind of grateful truth-telling heals the old wounds.
- Mind your manners. Say please, thank you and excuse me.
- Smile when you see your family. Turn your frown upside down.
- Pick up after yourself and for someone else too. Be happy you have someone to pick up after!
- Notice when others do kind things for you, show gratitude by action or words.
- Say I love you before you leave in the morning and before bed at night.
- Give hugs daily.
- Don't worry about tomorrow. Focus on what you are happy about today.
- Create gratitude journals to keep track of daily blessings.
- Show thankfulness for even the little things others do for you.
- Leave love notes in unexpected places like lunch boxes and under pillows.
- Encourage someone with a compliment.
- Verbalize what you are grateful for when you feel like complaining about life.
- Keep a basket of small slips of paper on the table. Write notes of thankfulness during the week and read them to each other during a family meal.
- Remember to thank God for blessings each day.
- Surprise your family (or friends) with little gifts or treats to show you thought of them.
- No grumbling about minor annoyances around the house.
- Do special things to cherish time with your family. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
- Reflect on happy memories regularly. Make inspiration boards or photo walls of special times.
- Help someone out without them having to ask you. Watch for someone in need.
- When you are doing household chores, be grateful you have a home to clean.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
|How deep the Father's love for us,|
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure
How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory
Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished
I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom
Tuesday, June 08, 2010
A challenge from Melissa Taylor
I am a follower of Jesus Christ
I wonder why Jesus chose me to believe in Him
I hear that voice that tells me I am not good enough.
I see the leaves on the trees blowing outside the window and a blue sky, we have had so much rain and I love the rain, but I feel happy that there is a blue sky today
I want to be the woman God wants me to be.
I am an optimist sometimes but I get depressed when people are so cruel at other times and when I am cruel to myself.
I pretend that I will finish the race someday, I want to race in an Iron man competition and I imagine crossing the finish line someday and running through the gate :D
I feel like I am not good enough.
I touch the keys on my computer and the quilt that my friend made for me.
I worry about the bills and our financial problems and that even if I was able to find another job I would not be able to keep it, I will fail... (I know the Bible verses but have trouble controlling the thoughts)
I cry a lot.
I am wishing that I could be strong
I understand that bad things happen and I hope that God will use it all for His good and then it will all be worth it!
I say "thank you" and "I love you" all the time... and I say "I'm sorry" when things are not my fault sometimes too.
I dream about being stronger physically, spiritually, emotionally...
I try very hard to make everyone happy.
I hope that I am enough, that I will hear "Well done, good and faithful servant"
I am wishing that I could write " I am a beautiful princess because I am the daughter of the king of kings"
I am Keri, Karen Lynn Minnick