Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Women of the Bible Quilt so far...

Yesterday I put all the blocks out for the Women of the Bible quilt that I have made so far.
The blocks are not in the placement they will go in the finished quilt. I just spread them out to see them together...
The yahoo group is officially past the halfway mark now. I am all caught up as I made the three blocks that I was behind on. As I finish them, I have been tucking them into their folder and hadn't ever seen them all together.
I put away the block that I made for Rebekah, I want to make another one for her. Although the one that I made for Miriam is in the photo. the red "follow my leader" block towards the center, I think I will maker her a new one too, too much contrast or something just isn't right with hers..Dinah's "Broken Path" block may be the same way...the white one with the gold and green stripes. It might be o.k. if I use more white in some of the upcoming blocks...

I have made a few extra so far and I want to make a few more for:

1. The Egyptian princess who adopted Moses
2. The Hebrew midwives in Exodus.
3. Noah's Daughter in laws
4. The Woman who killed Abimelech by dropping a stone from a tower in Judges 9.
5. Jeptha's daughter who died because of his vow in Judges 11.
6. Samson's mother in Judges 13
7. The concubine that was killed by the Benjaminites in Judges 19.

I will probably find some more that I want to include as I keep reading. The devotional study has inspired me to try to read through the Bible this year. I haven't ever been able to do it before but I am trying.
It is something to watch what is going on in the Middle East and read the scriptures about what happened there so long ago. The only thing that has changed is the weaponry.
My old pastor says that we should pray for the peace of Jerusalem... So that is what I have been trying to do while I work on this study and my blocks.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.
Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.
(Psalm 122:6-7)





No comments: